Saturday, April 26, 2008

Running...it's the New Pink

I'm sad to say, today was the last day of adventure boot camp. I really didn't think that statement would ever come out of my mouth. Not only because I figured I would quit after the first week, but because I will actually miss working out at 5:30 am in the freezing cold. Something about the morning is so refreshing. Oh, and shaving off a minute nine from my mile in three weeks wasn't bad either. I am rather proud of myself! Eight months ago I couldn't run one lap around the track without feeling like I was going to DIE and stopping. Now I can run a mile in 10.15 (don't laugh...I'm new at this and that to me is a GREAT time).

I have to admit though, since I am doing a 5k next Saturday, I am worried. One mile is one thing....3.whatever is something completely different. I think it will be interesting to see how I do. I don't enjoy running but I know it's good for me. Something about that makes me feel better about life in general.

Well, tomorrow I get measured to see how much I lost (if anything) in the last four weeks so I'm going to try and stay awake to see at least 15 minutes of 13 Going on 30.

Night!

No comments: